Dental check-ups are essential for good oral hygiene and for maintaining a healthy smile.
Your dentist is in an ideal position to detect early warning signs of any problems concerning your oral health, which can in turn affect your general health. For this reason, regular dental check-ups every 6 to 12 months are strongly advised.
What to Expect at Your Check-up
At your appointment your dentist will:
- examine your mouth, teeth, and gums to check that there have been no significant changes in your oral health since your last visit
- ask you questions about pain, sensitivity or other problems you may have been experiencing since your last check-up.
- look for any signs of developing or existing dental health problems such as decay, gum disease and other diseases such as oral cancer
- recommend a visit to the hygienist for detailed prevention advice and a full scale and polish if you have a build-up of plaque or tartar
- if necessary arrange for you to have an x-ray of your mouth to check for any hidden problems.
- provide advice on things you can do to improve your oral health – diet, brushing techniques etc.
- answer any questions you may have relating to your oral health
If your teeth and gums are healthy, you will be invited for another check up in a few months time. If you need further treatment to remedy a developing problem, your dentist will explain your options and the associated treatment and costs.
Please call our reception team or submit an online form if you would like further information or to book your check up with us. You can also book your appointment on-line.
Positive: caring, knowledgeable and extremely helpful
I have been a patient at Alpha House for a number of years now and the switch to this practice has been the best thing I have done regarding my teeth. The service and treatment I have received has been second to none. Everyone from the Dentists, Specialists, Hygienists, Dental Nurses and Reception Staff are all caring, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. I now have no hesitation in going to the Dentist, where as previously I always felt anxious about going. I feel comfortable attending and am reassured every step of the way. I have no hesitation in recommending Alpha House to anyone who like me gets anxious about attending the Dentist.