Dental check-ups are essential for good oral hygiene and for maintaining a healthy smile.
Your dentist is in an ideal position to detect early warning signs of any problems concerning your oral health, which can in turn affect your general health. For this reason, regular dental check-ups every 6 to 12 months are strongly advised.
What to Expect at Your Check-up
At your appointment your dentist will:
- examine your mouth, teeth, and gums to check that there have been no significant changes in your oral health since your last visit
- ask you questions about pain, sensitivity or other problems you may have been experiencing since your last check-up.
- look for any signs of developing or existing dental health problems such as decay, gum disease and other diseases such as oral cancer
- recommend a visit to the hygienist for detailed prevention advice and a full scale and polish if you have a build-up of plaque or tartar
- if necessary arrange for you to have an x-ray of your mouth to check for any hidden problems.
- provide advice on things you can do to improve your oral health – diet, brushing techniques etc.
- answer any questions you may have relating to your oral health
If your teeth and gums are healthy, you will be invited for another check up in a few months time. If you need further treatment to remedy a developing problem, your dentist will explain your options and the associated treatment and costs.
Please call our reception team or submit an online form if you would like further information or to book your check up with us. You can also book your appointment on-line.
Everyone in this practice is very friendly and caring, from the reception staff, dental nurses and hygienists through to Mr Hussain, who I believe provides state of the art treatment in a very sympathetic and unhurried manner.
It is definitely a practice where the patient comes first, and I have been delighted with all the work I have had done, which has included crowns and an implant. I would recommend Mr Hussain and his team to anyone concerned about taking care of their teeth.