Oral Health Education
The Importance of Good Oral Health
Oral health is central to our general wellbeing. Alpha House Dental Practice can now offer appointments, on referral from a dentist, with our trained and accredited Oral Health Educators. They can teach patients about diseases and conditions that affect the oral cavity including prevention, treatment and management. Topics covered include:
- Plaque, calculus and staining
- Caries prevention
- Management of gingivitis and gum disease
- Tooth surface loss and sensitivity
- Anti- plaque agents
- Nutrition and Diet advice
- Smoking cessation
- Oral health and medical conditions
- Oral health and pregnancy
Who can benefit?
Oral health education is a great tool for everyone. Learning how to take care of our mouths between dental visits is the best possible way of preventing problems and avoiding treatment.
People that may particularly benefit from our Oral Health Appointments are;
- Parents and guardians of pre-11 year-olds
- Adolescent and orthodontic patients
- Pregnant patients
- Patients with ongoing gingivitis or gum disease
- Patients at risk of oral health conditions due to medical problems
- Older patients
Please call us or submit an online form if you would like further information or to book a consultation appointment.
Before I came here I hadn't been to a dentist for nearly 30 years. It was only when my gums became sore and I kept having dreams that my teeth were about to fall out, that I finally decided I really needed to do something.
Mr Hussain completed a thorough examination, in which he took the time to really listen to me, without being at all judgemental. The treatment and recommendations that he made have completely changed how I feel about my teeth, and I am truly grateful to him and his team. If anyone is looking for a new dentist, where you are really treated as an individual, and will receive excellent care and treatment, I would certainly recommend this surgery.