Implants At Alpha House
Welcome to Implants at Alpha House. I am delighted to offer you and your patients a private referral clinic for implant dentistry at Alpha House Dental Practice, Birchington, where your patients will receive their implant dentistry in a relaxed environment using contemporaneous techniques and equipment.
Following your referral:
- An initial consultation will be arranged with your patient to discuss treatment options. They will be fully informed of the procedure and will receive a written treatment plan outlining costs and the number of proposed appointments, thereby providing gaining their informed consent.
- Your patient will only be offered treatment for which they have been specifically referred.
- On completion of their implant treatment, your patient will be returned to you either fully restored or for a definitive restoration and on-going general dental care – whatever is specified in your referral.
- Patients and referring dentists will be able to contact me or the Practice Manager should any queries arise before, during or after the implant treatment is undertaken.
ALL TREATMENTS ARE CARRIED OUT USING A WIDE RANGE OF UP-TO DATE TECHNIQUES AND EQUIPMENT
The specific services to you and your patients include:
- Surgical placement of single or multiple implants
- Prosthetic restoration of implants with implant supported crowns, bridges, dentures, or overdentures
- Socket preservation technique
- Guided bone regeneration
- Case assessments and treatment planning of complex cases Assistance in treatment planning and implant restoration for referrers.
The Service we are offering to referring dentists and patients:
- Patients will have a full consultation including clinical and radiographic examination based on the nature of the referral.
- Patients will be fully consented for any treatment proposed and subsequently undertaken.
- Patients will receive a written treatment plan outlining costs and the number of proposed appointments
- Patients will receive a high standard of care and treatment using modern equipment and materials.
- Patients can contact us before, during or after their implant treatment, should any queries arise. Likewise referring dentists can contact us regarding their patients’ progress.
- Referring dentists will be kept informed of their patients’ progress.
- A discharge letter and a copy of the final radiograph will be sent to the referring dentist upon completion of each of their patient’s implant treatment. The patient will also receive a copy of this.
- No other treatment other than that for which the patient has been referred will be undertaken.
Dental Implants and patient suitability.
Most adults will be suitable for dental implants. However, it is important that the patient’s bone tissue has fully developed, so I would not normally use implants on people below 18 years of age. For implants to work effectively, adult patients should be in general good health with reasonably healthy gums. Patients who are heavy smokers (and unwilling to stop) and those with medical conditions that affect healing capacity may not be suitable.
I am happy to see patients for an initial consultation and discuss their options with them. An information leaflet for patients is attached as a .pdf which can be printed off or emailed to your patients.
BDS Lond 1989 MSc (Implant Dentistry)
Implant Dentist, GDC No. 64976
Diarmuid qualified with a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) in 1989 from Kings College London and in 2012 gained his Master’s with distinction in Implant Dentistry from the University of Warwick. He has over 33 years’ combined dental experience in both the hospital and general setting and 11 years specifically in implant dentistry.
Diarmuid’s work focuses on implant dentistry including surgical placement of single or multiple implants; Prosthetic restoration of implants with implant supported crowns, bridges, dentures, or overdentures; socket preservation technique; guided bone regeneration; case assessments and treatment planning of complex cases; assistance in treatment planning and implant restoration for referring dentists.
Diamuid is truly passionate about the potential of implants to enhance the dental quality of life of his patients in a predictable, ethical, safe, and beautiful way. In his own words, "There is no greater feeling than giving someone their smile back!"
Outside of work Diarmuid has a lot of varied interests. He is a fourth Dan Aikido instructor and has spent time competing and training all over the world including periods in Japan. He loves walking, hiking and mountain climbing, and during his quieter times, enjoy music and spending time with his three daughters.
Positive: Patient, Caring
Having come to Dr Hussain after a very bad experience elsewhere, I was very nervous at the beginning. I was recommended by a friend, who has been going to him for years, and that was the initial reason for choosing Dr Hussain. Having been there now for just over a year, I would not consider going anywhere else. He is very patient, caring and thorough in even the most complex case. A huge thank you.