Patient Information and Advice
Covid-19 Information and Advice - update July 2021
The team at Alpha House are working hard to ensure that your visit to the dental practice will be a pleasant, effective, and most importantly a safe experience. Many of the procedures and protocols that were routinely part of safe delivery of dental care are already well developed and practiced at Alpha House. With the COVID19 pandemic we have upgraded many of these routines to ensure that we are offering you the latest in a safe dental environment.
The risk of virus particle contamination is managed carefully in all areas of the building and clinic room. We are keen to prepare our clinic prior to your visit as much as possible to limit the time you spend in the practice and to allow us to manage your dental problem efficiently and effectively while you are with us.
Please read the following Alpha House guidance that will help us look after you during your visit.
- If you are unwell, please contact our reception team as it may be better to not come to the Dental Practice. If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID 19 such as a high temperature or new continuous cough, please stay at home and follow NHS guidance.
- Please remember to bring your paperwork if you have been asked to complete some admin such as, your medical history questionnaire, consent forms or signed treatment plans.
- If you arrive by car, please be ready to wait in your car until called in by a member of the team. If you arrive by taxi, by foot or bike please ring the doorbell at your appointment time and a member of staff will come and collect you. If you are early for your appointment, you may have to wait outside.
- Please do not bring anyone with you into the building if this can be avoided. Of course, we are ready to receive parents of small children and carers, but we kindly ask that other family wait outside of the building.
- On a bad weather day, we will operate a socially distanced waiting room.
- A member of the clinical team will use an infra-red thermometer to measure your body temperature on arrival. If your temperature is 37.8C or greater he or she may ask you to rebook your appointment for two weeks’ time.
- As you are invited into the building, we will ask you to wear a face covering. You will be asked to use a hand gel rub at reception. Receptionists are there to help you and are now behind a screen to protect their work environment.
- Ideally you should use the toilet facilities prior to your visit, however this will be available if needed. Simply ask a member of staff to unlock the door.
- Many of us looking after you will also be wearing various levels of PPE, but we are all likely to be wearing a mask as we greet you. This is because we will be closer than 2 m
- We will invite you into the dental surgery that will have been prepared to you to be a safe environment. Your dentist and dental nurse will be wearing PPE with some extra layers being used for COVID protection
- Your dental appointment will be as normal except that the room may be cool for you as we have fresh air and filtered air circulating in the room. Please come prepared to keep yourself warm with an extra layer and covered legs.
- The air filters add a bit of background noise to the room and your dentists and nurse may sound slightly muffled speaking in their masks.
- At the end of your procedure please put your facemask back on and gel your hands before leaving the room.
- We will ask you to go to reception to make another appointment if required and to make your payment. A plastic payment card is preferred, and the card machine will be passed through the screen by the receptionist. Cheques and cash should be placed into a clear plastic bag.
- At Alpha House we are determined that your experiences under our care continue to be effective reassuring and confidence building while we offer you detailed attention as comfortably and safely as possible.
Thank you for working with us as we manage your dentistry in these challenging time